The Friends of Beaver Lake, Inc. is seeking applicants for a part-time volunteer coordinator position
Volunteer Coordinator/Assistant to Business Manager
The Friends of Beaver Lake, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) whose mission is to provide resources and volunteer support to the Nature Center as it carries out its mission.
The Volunteer Coordinator is a part-time, 20-30 hours/week position, starting at a rate of $15/hour and DOE. Schedule may include some evenings and weekends and may require additional hours for events.
- Under the general direction of the Business Manager, coordinates, organizes, promotes, and facilitates special events including Volunteer Recognition dinner, Golden Harvest Festival, Enchanted Beaver Lake, March Weekend Pancake Breakfasts, Holiday Pancake Breakfasts, and other events and programs offered by the Friends of Beaver Lake, Inc.
- Assists in recruiting and training of volunteers for special events and for various activities/projects needs of the Nature Center; such as canoe dock, front desk attendant, and gift shop cashier.
- Presents Beaver Lake Nature Center to local community organizations, student groups, faculty, and staff to obtain volunteers, and collaborate on service events.
- Establishes and regularly updates volunteer schedule and list of events
- Will communicate regularly with volunteers through check-in phone calls, e-mails, and personal appreciations for their efforts, as well as keep track of each volunteer’s hours.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and ages
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude a must
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Dependability and have a willingness to be flexible
- Ability to respond to sensitive matters and/or situations with discretion, tact, and confidentiality
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills. Experience with spreadsheets and databases is highly desirable.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to BLNC@ongov.net by November 30, 2022. Anticipated start date is January 3, 2023.